- wooden board (I used a pallet from WalMart that was about $9)
- nails (I used wire nails, 16 gauge, 1 and 1/4 inch, about $1 a box)
- string (I used embroidery floss, ordered from Amazon)
- template (I found a clip art heart I liked, copied and pasted it into a Word document in the arrangement I liked)
- Print a template, making sure it will fit on your wooden board. Cut apart if necessary to make it look good.
- Place the template on your board, and begin nailing nails in along the black lines. Your paper will stay in place after a few nails. Make sure your nails are as even as possible.
- When you have your nails in place, rip the paper off.
- Make sure your nails are even.
- Choose the color thread you want to use. Tie it off a nail, knotting it twice.
- Begin wrapping the string around the nails. There is no set pattern, just make it look how you want it to.
- Tie off the string on another nail when you're done stringing it. Trim off the excess.
- Enjoy your project!
I've made several more of these. They are great personal gifts! I am making some to hang in my house.
Day 1: Learning to Draw
Day 2: Pyramids