Saturday, March 25, 2017

100 Days of Art: Day 1 - Learning to Draw

My friend over at Our Unschooling Journey started a really neat series last year on her blog called "100 Days of Art". It was so fun to see all of the fun and out-of-the-box art projects her children completed. She is around Day 80 of her series, and I'm inspired to "copy" her and do something similar on my blog!

I plan to post not only the art projects we complete, but any artist studies we do, as well. Since I have five kids, and they are all so different, I should have plenty of material to write about!

This week, I'm posting about my 9-year old daughter, Mercie. She has started using "God and the History of Art". She is learning how to use lines to shade, how to draw with depth, and how to draw ellipses. Here are some examples of her work:
"A picture is a poem without words."

A hot air balloon using ellipses and lines





 
I'm very proud of her progress. She is learning how to use lines to draw and shade. For a 9 year old, I think her work is very good.
 


2 comments:

  1. Aw, glad you liked my series and it inspired you. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Learn. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy it very much! Thanks for the pin!

      Delete